Branch Closures: All Fort Worth branch lobbies with the exception of our BCTAL branch are currently closed except by appointment. All drive-thru's remain open. To make an appointment, please give us a call at 800-628-5517.
/ Student Loans
Your Student Loan Solution
Where higher learning and lower rates come together! Unity One Credit Union is pleased to announce that it offers student loans, in partnership with the Higher Education Servicing Corporation.
We’re excited to provide this higher education loan option to our members because it offers some of the lowest interest rates currently available as well as outstanding borrower benefits.
- Fixed rates as low as 4.24% APR (with Auto Pay Discount6) to 9.834% APR3
- Variable rates as low as 2.48% APR (with Auto Pay Discount6) to 8.40% APR2
- Borrow from $1,000 to $65,000 annually. Loans can even be used for past due balances4 (loans are certified by the school and may not exceed full cost of education minus other financial aid)
- Maximum aggregate loan limit is $150,000, inclusive of all student loan debt
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) not required
- No application or origination fees
- 0.25% interest rate reduction just for graduating5
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for auto-debit payments6
- Cosigner release after the first 24 consecutive on-time monthly loan payments7
- Death Forgiveness8
- Total & Permanent Disability Forgiveness9
- Choose from our three repayment options: Immediate, Interest-Only or Fully Deferred Repayment6
- Choice of 10 or 15 year repayment terms
- Student borrower must be enrolled at least half time in a degree-granting program (as certified by the school) at an approved school
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be permanent residents of Texas
- The applicant applying as creditworthy (i.e. the cosigner or the student applying without a cosigner) must provide proof of current income
- Student borrower and cosigner (if applicable) must be United States citizens/nationals or lawful permanent resident aliens of the United States
*All rates and benefits are dependent on an approved borrower meeting certain requirements and conditions. For complete details about Texas Extra Credit including program specifics, eligibility requirements, repayment options and benefits, or to apply, click the link below..
Apply for a Student Loan
Rates last updated on January 1, 2021.
You are now leaving the Unity One CU website and entering a site hosted by another party. Be advised that Unity One CU is not responsible for the content on the site, and its privacy and security policies may differ from ours.